Google to Groningen: 600 million euros, 44 acres and 150 jobs
Google builds energy efficient datacenter & creates jobs in Groningen
Our pitch focussed on aspects that illustrate Google’s relevance for the Dutch economy: what role does the Google data centre play in the Netherlands and in particular the life of people in the North of the Netherlands.
The goal was to use momentum to position Google as partner for economic growth and create a large amount of positive attention in national en regional media. With a smart strategy and effective media approach we reached all national (broadcast) media and were able to succesfully communicate key messages to a mass audiece.
What did we do:
- Set up pre-briefs with tier 1 media
- Create visibility among stakeholders and key opinion leaders
- Coordinate and accompany Google at interviews with the press at press conference
- Set up conference call for national media not present at press conference
- Coordinate all press inquiries to strech momentum